Sunday 20 May 2012

Why aren't you fishing?

Why are are you at your computer? Why are you inside? Why the hell aren't you in a river or on a lake edge? Do you have work tomorrow? Are there things that require your attention so much that would prevent you from taking advantage of these perfect fishing conditions?

Why am I here? Two university assignments sums it up. Later in the week though, when these assignments are handed in and I'm free from the shackles of tertiary education, fish I shall. In all honesty I will probably fish to the point of hypothermia, but night time lake edge fishing is just too much fun.

Other options are the Tongariro which will be bursting with fresh runs after that rain and this cold snap. That river is on my to-do list and I have taken to sleeping in my neoprene waders in order to be ready when the time comes.

The Waihou fished well the other day with a mate and myself accounting for 58 fish. None of these fish were massive but if you want a way to iron out the kinks and improve your reflexes, small spring creek rainbows are the way to go.

If you are simply forced into working or studying (these things were only invented to make fishing better) then at least have a break an watch some quality vids. This is a goodie, the opening line is a good illustration of the passion associated with fly fishing (some people obviously REALLY like fly fishing). Sweet music too.




No comments:

Post a Comment